Sign-up to the Western Sydney Wanderers Pre-Academy development program and take the next step in your child’s football journey.
Designed to advance the skills of 7-12 year old players, this 10-week program is open to boys and girls wanting to develop their football skills under the guidance of Western Sydney Wanderers Academy coaches.
The Wanderers Pre-Academy Development Program will build on the skills that players already possess while teaching them new skills and techniques to improve their game based on the club’s highly regarded coaching curriculum.
- Overseen by the Wanderers Technical Director, Ian Crook
- The 10-Week Program will run in two separate blocks in the Term 2 and 3 school calendar on SUNDAY afternoons and includes a Grading Day to allow the sessions to catered for players to improve throughout the program.
- Players will be taught the same skills and methods as the Wanderers Academy players
- Trained by our highly qualified Academy coaches the Wanderers coaching philosophy is player-centric and driven with the outcome to provide players for our A-League, W-League, and national teams
- An opportunity to identify and transition players into the Wanderers Academy
- Open to both boys and girls, aged 7-12 years
- The first day of the program includes a player and parent/guardian induction session
10 Week Program Overview
Term 2: 18 April 2021 to 27 June 2021
Term 3: 11 July 2021 to 12 September 2021
- Week 1: Grading Day – Various skill drills and Games
- Week 2: Grading Day – Various skill drills and Games
- Week 3: Short Passing – Breaking lines
- Week 4: First touch
- Week 5: Position specific session
- Week 6: Dribbling/running with the ball
- Week 7: Small sided games
- Week 8: 1v1 – Defending and attacking
- Week 9: Front third work/Back third work
- Week 10: Champions League game day
Western Sydney Wanderers Football Park
Gate B, 81 Eastern Road, Rooty Hill
- Players will have use of the Wanderers state-of-the-art training facility
- Experience the same environment that our A-League and Westfield W-League teams train in
- $350 for 10 weeks (includes training kit)
- Places are limited
- We’re eligible for the Active Kids program! From 1 July 2019, two $100 Active Kids vouchers will be available for each school-enrolled child annually and you can redeem them when you book your child into the Pre-Academy Development Program