The Wanderers 30-week Pre-Academy Development Program will run over Terms 1, 2 and 3 of the 2021 school year. The weekly program will be focused on continuing the development of the football skills under the guidance of Western Sydney Wanderers Academy coaches.
The Wanderers Pre-Academy Development Program will build on the skills that players already possess while teaching them new skills and techniques to improve their game based on the club’s highly regarded coaching curriculum.
This program is aimed at young male and female footballers looking to progress their football development in an elite environment.
- Overseen by the Wanderers Technical Director, Ian Crook
- The 30-week program will run on one day per week and will include a Grading Day to allow the sessions to be catered for players to improve throughout the program via an elite or development stream
- Players will be taught the same skills and methods as the Wanderers Academy players
- Trained by our highly qualified Academy coaches the Wanderers coaching philosophy is player-centric and driven with the outcome to provide players for our A-League, W-League, and national teams
- An opportunity to identify and transition players into the Wanderers Academy
- Open to both boys and girls, aged 9-12 years
- There will be a specific goalkeeper option for the 30 week program
- The first day of the program includes a player and parent/guardian induction session
30-Week Goalkeeper course
Our goalkeeper specific sessions will teach young players the fundamentals in technique and training to develop their skills.
Focusing on the fundamentals of learning to dive, catching, and handling the Goalkeeper sessions will give your child the skills to improve their goalkeeping at a club level.
The Goalkeepers program will run for 30 weeks and is limited to 15 players across our Pre-Academy and development clinic age groups and get individual and group training as well as gameplay training with the larger group.
Sunday 31 January 2021 – Session Times
11s and 12s: 8:00am arrival for a 8:30am start
9s and 10s: 9:30am arrival for a 10:00am start
7s and 8s: 11:00am arrival for a 11:30am start
Western Sydney Wanderers Football Park
Gate B, 81 Eastern Road, Rooty Hill
- Players will have use of the Wanderers state-of-the-art training facility
- Experience the same environment that our A-League and Westfield W-League teams train in
- $1,000 for 30 weeks (includes training kit)
- Places are limited
- We’re eligible for the Active Kids program! From 1 July 2019, two $100 Active Kids vouchers will be available for each school-enrolled child annually and you can redeem them when you book your child into the Pre-Academy Development Program